TechIn5 – MWC Announcements & Facebook Reactions
TechIn5 is back with a slightly tweaked format but the same promise that we’ll deliver the week’s best tech news in 5 minutes or less. This week on the show, many of the announcements from Mobile World Congress took center stage, even though we took a break from that to find out that Peyton isn’t exactly the nicest person on social media while discussing Facebook’s new reactions. Here’s the lineup from this week.
- Freedom251 $4 Smartphone – Ringing Bells, an Indian company recently announced a $4 Android smartphone that has piqued our interest. The device sports pretty decent specs and we question how it can actually only cost $4 without any sort of subsidies.
- LG G5 – The LG G5 was announced at MWC this past week and features a new design. One of our favorite features is the fact that the phone now sports two cameras. It was overlooked in the episode, but the phone is also modular, with the bottom section that slides out allowing you to replace it with different options, including extra battery and more camera controls.
- Sony Xperia Z Line No Longer – At MWC, Sony announced new phones in the Xperia line, but replaced the Z that we’ve become so accustomed to with the Xperia X. The new phones don’t seem to be anything too revolutionary, but are a nice update to Sony’s line of phones.
- Facebook Reactions – Early this week, Facebook rolled out their new reactions feature to give you more choices when liking a post on Facebook. The new options are Like, Love, Haha, Wow, Sad, and Angry.
- Samsung Galaxy S7 & S7 Edge – Samsung unveiled the latest flagships in their lineup at MWC last weekend. The new devices look relatively similar but boast increased specs compared to their predecessors. Both phones have now become slightly thicker to allow for more battery life (Samsung is listening to consumers…surprise, surprise!) and feature a more polished design. The S7 Edge’s screen has grown .4 inches and is now a 5.5″ QuadHD SuperAMOLED panel.
It was definitely an interesting week in tech news with all of the new phones coming out. Will you be picking up any of the new phones we talked about in this episode? Let us know!